Sunday, March 30, 2008

Life With Newborn Abigail

Abby is such an easy going baby. We really lucked out. She is willing to go with the flow and would rather sleep than do just about anything else (she got that from me). Unfortunately, that means that she often doesn't let us know she is hungry and so we spend much time waking her up when it is time to eat. She is spending more and more time awake though (as evidenced by these photos) and we love to interact with her when she does decide to open her eyes and take in the world around her. Abigail initially lost more weight than the doctor thought was OK, but through hard work and supplementation to nursing she has gained quite a bit of weight and is currently 7 lbs 11 oz. I am so proud of her weight gain, but it has hampered Abby and Mommy bonding time. I spend all of my interaction with her trying to make her eat and now she sometimes purses her lips closed when she sees me. Greg and I are both looking forward to the day when we can stop force feeding her and can just feed her as she demands it.
I am trying to adjust to having Greg back at work. I try to give him a full night's sleep (not much he can do to help feed her) :), but he insists on helping at night anyway. I doubt that Abigail has noticed that he is gone more, but I am missing his companionship. It was nice to discuss my fears and worries (plenty of those) with him and to have someone to exchange a look with when Abby did something cute or strange. Now most of my discussion about Abby is directed at Ellwood.

1 comment:

Ms Eva said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to give her a little hug! :)

Congratulations, again. I am so incredibly happy for you both.

I'm sure Ellwood is exchanging some looks with you as well. :)

Hugs to you all!!