Monday, July 03, 2006

Fence Warning

This is a public service announcement. Please heed my warning. Do not build a fence. If you must build a fence, then have someone else do it or build a vinyl fence so you won't have to do any staining and the fence comes in sections so there are less boards to put up.

We are on day 11 of building our fence and still not done. Let me repeat, DAY 11! As a teacher, I look forward to leisurely summer days. This was not what I had in mind. First it was plaining (sp?)the boards (crummy load of cedar fencing), then over a week of staining (still not done with that part), digging post holes, hauling rock and concrete, now I am nailing the fencing up. I will never build a fence again. It is going to take my body all summer to heal from the sunburn and pain from this experience. It is a good thing I will have my fenced backyard to do that healing in.

2 comments:

Andrea Cox said...

EEEKK!! Sounds like no fun at all! I will heed your warning and never build a fence but I bet you'll be thrilled once it's done and you can revel in how beautiful a job you've done!!

Anonymous said...

I think you and Greg will have a wonderful addition to your house! -- Love, Dad